WHY SWEET POTATO?
Sweet Potato is included in all of our Grain Free pet foods, so what are the benefits of this key ingredient and why is it added?
- It is Super-food! Packed with a wide range of vitamins and minerals and naturally gluten free
- Great for digestion as Sweet Potato is high in fibre which helps to promote a healthy digestive system and good stool formation. It is also soothing on the stomach so great for more sensitive animals.
- Sweet Potato has a low Glycemic Index (G.I.) which means that glucose is released slowly into the blood stream unlike other starchy foods which release this more quickly once consumed. This means blood sugar levels remain more constant and provide a steady release of energy throughout the day.
- It is one of the best sources of Vitamin A which is an antioxidant powerhouse and is thought to have anti-aging properties whilst helping to maintain good eye sight and aid skin and coat condition.
- Thought to have anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties Sweet Potato is rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant, plus other vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, Iron, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
- As Sweet Potato contains a lot of magnesium, it is thought that this can help with stress and promote calmness, relaxation and a good mood.